About UConn Health
AAMC Postdoctoral Compact
Gerald D. Maxwell, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral and External Affairs
Welcome to the UConn Health Office of
Postdoctoral Affairs! UConn Health offers excellent postdoctoral
research training opportunities in a rich and supportive environment. The
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs exists to provide several important functions
for postdoctoral scholars including:
- Providing a point of entry for postdoctoral scholars to
identify the appropriate resources to address any questions
or concerns they may encounter during their training.
- Educating postdoctoral scholars regarding the many
benefits and institutional resources available to them.
- Sponsoring workshops on professional development,
including the responsible conduct of research, grant
writing, and laboratory management.
- Providing access to key career development resources for
- Monitoring the terms of appointments for compliance with
institutional policies, procedures, and salary guidelines.
Our office looks forward to serving the needs of the postdoctoral